Last Update: February 02, 2020
Kikuyuland – Modern Kikuyu (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Kikuyuland (https://www.kikuyuland.com) website (the “Service” or “Platform”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service/Platform and the choices you have associated with that data.
Service/Platform is the Kikuyuland (https://www.kikuyuland.com) website operated by Kikuyuland – Modern Kikuyu.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service/Platform or from the Service/Platform infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service/Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service/Platform and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service/Platform to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service/Platform, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include but is not limited to: Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information about how the Service/Platform is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service/Platform that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service/Platform.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service/Platform.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service/Platform.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Use of Data
Kikuyuland – Modern Kikuyu uses the collected data to:
- Provide and maintain our Service/Platform
- Notify you about changes to our Service/Platform
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service/Platform when you choose to do so
- Provide customer support
- Gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service/Platform
- Monitor the usage of our Service/Platform
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Kikuyuland – Modern Kikuyu may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Kikuyuland – Modern Kikuyu will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service/Platform, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Disclosure of Data
Kikuyuland – Modern Kikuyu may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Kikuyuland – Modern Kikuyu
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service/Platform
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service/Platform or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Kikuyuland – Modern Kikuyu aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- Right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Kikuyuland – Modern Kikuyu relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service/Platform (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service/Platform.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service/Platform. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
Google AdSense & DoubleClick Cookie
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service/Platform.
You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service/Platform may contain content suitable for persons under the age of 18 (“Children”). This content and information are however not directly addressed to such persons. Children intending to access such content should only be allowed to as advised by their parent or guardian who is above the age of 18 years.